Newfield Exploration Denver, CO
This position provides reservoir engineering related technical support to a multi-disciplinary team primarily focused in the Uinta Basin to support GMBU/Myton and Central Basin teams.
• Assist engineers with loading Aries cases for YE evaluation on reserves. Revising previous year PDNP case and Building new PDNP cases as needed. Globally edit cases for LOE and Capital changes. Check interests in Oracle on Fee wells, and updating Aries with changes. Running Queries to pull both input and output data for checking economics cases. Prepare cash flows as needed.
• Coordinate with the IT group to ensure data is loaded properly into Aries and PEEP.
• Work with Land to validate field assignments for wells.
• Obtain lease WI & NRI from Land and update in Aries.
• Collaborating with outside vendors to transmit data updates and provide additional information as needed.
• Assist engineers in getting accurate rig schedule, capital costs, LOE expenses and WI/NRI interests for budgeting process. Assist in preparing cash flows and inputting the data into Budget System.
• Quarterly Reserve Changes - Updating Aries as wells are drilled and tracking the changes for the Quarterly reserve adds. Putting these changes into the reserve add spreadsheet.
• Provide data requests as needed for reservoir engineers, operations, RM corporate group and Houston corporate.
• Create maps using Petra, EUR Maps, cum oil and gas production maps, etc.
• Provide reservoir engineering support for acquisition, divesture and exploration opportunities. Create Aries cases for areas of evaluation and run cash flows.
• Assist with special projects and research
• Excellent communication skills
• ARIES - Expert User
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Office products: Access, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
• Petra - data gathering & input, mapping, maps for presentations is a plus.
• Budget Experience.
• Experience in various production related software including IHS
• Experience in manipulating and organizing electric log data for import into log analysis software is a plus.
• Strong data entry skills with high level of accuracy.
• Must possess advanced analytical skills with an aptitude for math.
• Ability to offer creative solutions and must possess resourceful problem solving skills.
• Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility of working extended hours as needed.
• Proven ability to effectively interact with a multidisciplinary team.
• Detailed oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently and within projected deadlines.
• 5 plus years engineering technician with oil and gas experience
• High school diploma; college degree preferred
• Flexible and able to work in a team environment
Please apply online at www.newfield.com/careers to IRC14494
MHA Petroleum Consultants is a privately owned consulting firm specializing in oil and gas reservoir characterization and reserve studies. Located in downtown Denver, MHA provides a pleasant work environment and interesting projects encompassing both the national and international Petroleum industry.
Petroleum Engineering Technician
Petroleum Engineering Technician to provide support to engineers performing reservoir studies.
Duties typically include:
- Data gathering, organization and manipulation of data from various sources and various formats in preparation for project manager’s evaluation.
- Able to retrieve and access IHS reports and exports for inclusion into economic modeling software, typically ARIES.
- Proficiency in ARIES. Requires knowledge of decline curve analysis.
- Proficiency with MS ACCESS and EXCEL to manipulate and analyze large data sets.
- Prepare maps showing well locations and unit, field, and basin boundaries. Ability to digitize maps for input into geologic modeling software, typically Petra. May also include work with x-sections.
- Prepare files for input into reservoir simulation models from various formats.
- Prepare exhibits for inclusion in reports and expert witness testimony. Production skills in Adobe Acrobat, MS PowerPoint and MS Word is helpful.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- College degree preferred
- Experience necessary
Contact: Send resume and cover letter to Gean Munger, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org